The NALC and USPS have signed Agreements that clearly state that the Delivery Operation Information System (DOIS) and the Performance Engagement Tool (PET), “…will not be used as the sole determinant for establishing office or street time projections.”
If you believe you will not be able to complete your assignment within eight hours you should do the following:
- Verbally inform your manager that you can’t make it in 8 hours.
- Follow your manager’s instructions.
- If you still can’t make it in eight hours, request Form PS 3996 and explain the reason why you need one.
- Fill out Form 3996 completely and request a copy.
- Keep your cool. Do not argue with your supervisor.
- Request that the supervisor make a clear contractually correct decision. That is what they are paid to do.
- If you receive unclear or contradictory instructions request to see your steward.